Supply Teacher Tips
Whether you are new to the location having relocated or new to supply teaching, here are some tips for you.
- If you dont have a good sense of direction, then it might be worth investing in a Sat Nav. You will be going to many locations and sometimes with little notice even with an advance booking. Google mapping the school can help to make sure where it is you are going.
- Take your DBS and proof of ID. It's not uncommon for some schools to turn away outside teaching staff without these documents. It's a good idea to have a little folder to hand with all these relevant documents when you need them.
- Have a portfolio of lesson plans ready just in case work is not set. It might be easier to get a memory stick to save these files to make sure you have them at all times.
- Make sure marking is completed before you leave the school.
- At the end of your day make a point of saying goodbye to staff in the office when signing out just to acknowledge that you are leaving. It's always great to let them know how much you enjoyed your day.
- Let the school know if you specialize in a particular subject. For example PE, as sometimes schools will modify their day to accomodate this.